Rio Tinto Transit
Facilities Case Study
About This Project
The project was for multiple Transit Facilities for a large mining organisation. Each Transit facility consisted of a Transit Lounge, Locker Room, and Shower Block.
For our client in Rio Tinto, Steel Frames WA provided high-quality custom steel wall frames, roof panels and ceiling panels for this project.
If you’re looking for a durable, long-lasting, top-quality steel frame solutions, there is simply no one better than Steel Frames WA to manufacture and supply.
Rio Tinto needed facilities in remote areas for FIFO workers while in transit either to their work destination or the airport.
The challenge with this project were the remote locations of the clients’ sites, creating roadblocks in delivery and construction.
Our solution to this challenge was steel framing which is perfect for modular construction. This allowed for the buildings to be constructed before being delivered to the clients’ remote sites.
- Detailed the clients designs
- Engaged an inhouse engineering consultant
- Created the CNC files specific to the clients design
- Machine rolled the steel sections from the detailed plans
- Assembled the panels in the SFWA warehouse allowing for quick and easy standing once at the build site
- Co-ordinated the delivery of the pre-assembled panels to the build site
Final Results of the project
The completed project consisted of 4 transit facilities for 4 remote locations each with specific design plans based on the site requirements.
Steel Frames WA created a simplified construction methodology for these facilities, to allow for the building contractors to construct these modular building units with ease, even despite working in remote areas.